CAMAJE Bistro’s Guest Reviews
Good Food Since 1997
Here are some recent guest reviews on Camaje Bistro:
- “Hands on Cooking Class Where you really learn!!!!”, Trip Advisor, April 28, 2014
“I attended the cooking school that Abby, the owner, teaches. This was a private cooking class for myself and my girl friend. WHAT A FABULOUS EXPERIENCE!!!! We made French Onion soup, duck breast with a pomagranete molasses sauce, celery root mash and crepe suzete. Abby is so personable and made the experience so much fun AND she taught us many interesting techniques. We were very much hands on preparing the meal and the food was fabulous. I highly recommend this to anyone who likes to cook and is looking for a nice afternoon.” Visited April 2014
- “We wanted to thank you (and Karen) so much for a great evening on Tuesday night. The whole thing was awesome and the food was excellent (I am sure that was mostly me with a little bit of you and kelsey). We look forward to coming back. Thanks again. Derek and Kelsey.” (Private Cooking Class) February 26, 2014
- Situated in Greenwich village, Camaje is French in decor, but serves a wide variety of tasty and interesting American food. There is standard seating available but also some interesting comfortable sofa option that faces the road which we decided to try. Normally I would prefer to sit in a more upright position, but this was an enjoyable experience. We chose the crab dip and the chopped salad. Both tasted fantastic. For my main I had a the burger with onion ring, which again was delicious. If we lived in NYC, we would eat here all the time, high quality and good value. September 9, 2013
- The service was excellent. Everyone was very friendly. The cold soup was delicious. I had the lamb dish which was wonderful. My husband had the kobe burger with goat cheese which he enjoyed. All desserts are homemade which is important to us so we were lucky again.. We had the chocolate soufflé and homemade ice cream. It was a memorable dining experience. 06/2013
- Once again, I would like to thank you for the lovely memories, you, Dana and the staff, had made for our party last night. It was truly a great experience, one that will stay with us for a life time. We couldn’t have asked for a better dining experience, the food was delicious (and for sure, kept us guessing)! Please extend a thank you to Dana for making the entertainment more personable, it was so much fun. We absolutely had a great time!! On the way home, we all could not stop talking about it and accoring to the birthday boy, he said he hadn’t had that much fun in a long time. A job well done!! Definitely looking forward to doing it again soon. – from a Dark Dining Guest
- I brought 3 friends along with me to use my Blackboard Eats special on Friday night. The deal consisted of a free bottle of house wine and a dessert for a party of either 2 or 4 as long as each person ordered at least a single main course or two side dishes. The ambiance was very cozy and I liked it a lot. I was extremely excited to see mulled wine on the menu as I haven’t had any yet this winter. The food was very tasty. We each ordered a sandwich to eat individual and a small plate to share among us. My chicken sandwich was well prepared – crispy bread, juicy and tender chicken, melted cheese. The shared plates were good as well – cheese platter, roasted brussel sprouts, hummus and I forgot the fourth one! The waiter was extremely helpful in assisting us in deciding what to order. He was clearly enthusiastic about his job. Dessert – nutella and banana crepe was OUT OF THIS WORLD. And this from someone who doesn’t have much of a sweet tooth. 01/2013
- I just wanted to let you know how great New Years Eve went! Everything turned out extremely well, the bartenders were great and my group had an awesome night. Thanks again and I look forward to more parties in the future.
- Thanks again for a phenomenal event on Friday! The entire team had a lot of fun learning about and tasting lots of sparkling wines. The food was delicious as well. We appreciate you coordinating a fun evening.